• Day trip according to programme
• Transport from / to accommodation
• Local English-speaking guide
• Visit of a sugar factory
• Visit of the Hershey village
• Sugar cane juice
• Cuban party with open bar (beer and Cuban Cocktails, water, soft drinks), Cuban music and dance performance
• All not specifically mentioned services
• Personal expenses and tips
The day trip Oro Verde - The World of Sugar starts in the morning with the drive to Madruga in the province of Mayabeque. Here you visit the sugar factory ‘Boris Luis‘ where you learn more about the different working processes involved in the sugar production from sugar cane to sugar. Following, you get an introduction into cutting and pressing of sugar cane, including a Guarapo (sugar cane juice) tasting.
Continue to Escaleras de Jaruco, the stairs of Jaruco. Have lunch enjoying the magnificent views from the terrace before heading for the little rail station of Jaruco. A short train ride leads you to Hershey, named after the American “king of chocolate”, who led his sugar empire in Cuba until the 40’s. Here you take a short walk through the Batey de Hershey (Hershey village) with its interesting history. Visit the remains of the former sugar factory and the surrounding ‘Pennsylvanian’ style buildings. Enjoy a Fiesta Cubana (Cuban Party) in the gardens of Hershey with open bar service, Cuban music and dance performance.
Please note that there may be program changes for departures until 31.10.18. For further Information please get in touch